Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane, Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again


The time is finally here! I have one more night in the beautiful state of Colorado before I head on an adventure with my Lord. My parents will wake up in the dark tomorrow to drive me to Grand Junction where I will catch my 8am flight to Kona, Hawaii (via Pheonix and Los Angeles). My wonderful friend, Ericka, who is going to be in the same DTS as me, is going to meet me at the airport. She flew out to Hawaii last week to spend a little time enjoying the island before we check in on Thursday. I too am hoping to enjoy Kona a bit before I dive in to life as a student again.

I am so excited to be part of such an amazing community of believers all stepping out in faith to grow closer to the Lord and to show His love to others. Our school is a very diverse group, which is something that I have been praying for. Last I heard we had 46 students accepted into the school. We come from around the world: USA, Canada, South Korea, China, Russia, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, India. This is going to be so incredible!

Here is a bit more info about campus life from the U of N Kona Website:
Typically, there are between 250 and 400 students living on campus each quarter. We often have another 100 to 200 on overseas field assignments plus an additional100 children enrolled in campus schools. We may have as many as five focus DTS programs each quarter. Each focus DTS could have between 20 and 80 students, sometimes more.
Other schools running at the University of the Nations Kona -- such as the School of Biblical Studies (SBS), Introduction to Biblical Counseling (IBC) and School of Digital Filmmaking -- typically have smaller classes ranging from about 15 for SDF to 35 for SBS.

I am so blessed! I am so thankful to the Lord that I was able to spend the last three weeks with my parents. We shared so many meals, conversations, and time together. I will miss them, and I am sure they will miss me too. Hopefully these last three weeks will make it easier when I am away. I think the hardest part for them is that I bought a one way ticket, and don't know when I will be back in Colorado. It is a little scary for me too, but I really feel the Lord calling me and I want to dive into His arms without anything pulling me back. WOW. What an incredible opportunity He is giving me. :)

The leaders feel the theme verse for the Compassion DTS comes from Micah 6:8. I love it!
"He has shown all you people what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment