Thursday, September 24, 2009

Aloha! School Starts Tomorrow!

Aloha my wonderful ohana and hoa makamaka (Hello my wonderful family and close friends)! I made it to Hawaii on Monday night. I had the opportunity to earn a free flight voucher on my way out here by giving up my seat on a flight. So, knowing that it I can use it to visit my family and friends next year , I decided to delay my arrival in Hawaii by a few hours. The cherry on top was that the later flight chased the sun. I watched incredible sunset colors out my window for two hours!

Exhausted from a long day of travelling, my senses were awakened when my friend, Ericka, picked me up from the airport with a lei in hand. It was all beautiful, white plumeria flowers! Fresh plumeria exude the most incredible, intoxicating smell :) Mmmmmmmm. We came back to Gordon and Kim Dong's home here in Kailua-Kona. They are a wonderful couple who invited us into their home for the few days before school starts. Thank you so much for your incredible hospitality and loving home.

Yesterday, Ericka and I woke up and enjoyed Kim's fantastic banana, macadamia nut pancakes with raspberry syrup. Wow, I am spoiled. After filling our bellies, Ericka and I went to the beach for a few hours of swimming, talking and enjoying God's glorious creation. So incredible! Running into the water was incredible - so I wanted to share the experience with you.



Today was also wonderful. We joined the woman's small group this morning at Kim's home and discussed the importance of interdependence versus independence and lessons in submission and following the lead of a husband. One of my continued prayers is for the Heavenly Father to prepare me and mold me for the day he brings me my husband.

After the woman's group, we went to the high school that Kim and Gordon's sons attend. They had chapel time today, so we listened to the sermon from the visiting pastor from India. The lessons there patience and obedience. Also incredible.

Tomorrow we check-in for the school. I am so excited to get started! I know that God has wonderful things to teach me. I am going to be in a very safe atmosphere for letting down my walls, showing my wounds, healing and growing.

One last thing for today. I have a prayer request from all of you. Ericka and I were talking today and I realized that I am holding on to pain and need to forgive someone. I would like to ask for your prayers in my complete healing regarding this situation. I can sense that I have built up a wall and pretended that everything was okay. Pray with me that God will tear down my wall and heal the wounds in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment