Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Art Festival with Mom

Last weekend my mom and I participated in the "Render the Rock" Art Festival in Crawford, CO. We arrived Friday evening and set up our painting camp in a hay field with about 30 other artists where we would all spend the next few hours and most of the following day creating art inspired by Needle Rock and the surrounding landscape.

Saturday all of the entries would be judged and then auctioned off. My mom and I had a great time painting in beautiful Western Colorado and did our best to win a ribbon in the judging round. Unfortunately, our pieces didn't quite have what it took for the ribbons this year nor to be purchased. This is the painting that I did on Friday night - I love the late evening sun and the way the shadows and colors come to life.

I left one of my other paintings out to dry while we went to the artist reception and auction. Unfortunately while we were there, a huge storm went through town and when I got home, most of the paint had been washed off my canvas. Oh well! I guess I will just have to paint another one someday. Thanks for a very fun weekend, Momma Mia :)

1 comment:

  1. Logan,
    I love you! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. I am SOOOOO excited we're going to be in Kona together!
    Sisters!!!!!!
    Yippeee!
    Sweet, simple trust in our beloved savior.

    Love and blessings, dear girl, to you and your whole family.

    Ericka

    ReplyDelete