Thursday, August 13, 2009

Farewell to Gunnison

I have lived in Sunny Gunny for 8 wonderful years. When I first moved here for college in August 2001, I never thought I would be here so long. I came to Gunnison partly because I thought the people were so nice. I had no idea how many incredible souls I would cross paths with.

I've developed countless friendships and have too many memories to count. Sunday will be the day to say goodbye to my friends, roommates, and my church family. If you know me at all, you realize there will be many, many tears. (I tend to be marked as a "crier"). Thank you to everyone I know here for making Gunnison the wonderful place it is.

Last Monday our women's small group had a time of prophesy for me. I had heard of this before, but never been part of it. Thank you to Ali and Bistro for teaching us what you knew and guiding the evening.

The Lord spoke words of encouragement to my heart through the other women in the group. Any anxiety that I may have had was replaced with excitement and comfort through the Lord. A few of the scriptures shared during that time include: Psalm 13 (especially 5-6), Psalm 21 (especially 1-2), Exodus 14:14, Zephaniah 3:17 The passages are written out on the bar to the right.

You will notice a theme of rejoicing for the Lord and He for me as well as instruction for me to trust in the Lord and to find comfort and rest in Him. Please pray that I continue to praise our Father for the blessings and provisions he has given me. Also pray that I trust Him and let down my guard to allow Him to do his works through me.

I will be driving to Longmont on Sunday to spend two wonderful weeks at my Grandma's house then heading to Montrose for three weeks with my parents.

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to spend time with my family before I fly to Hawaii on the 21st. I am not sure where God will take me through this adventure or when I will find myself in Colorado again.

Thank you for your prayers, support and for joining me in this "Adventure for the Lord"

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck there Logan, I hope to follow your blog a bit, and hear all about your adventures.

    JHUNT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to hear all your wonderful adventures. May you be richly blessed as you are a blessing to others. I will cherish my painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan, I am SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for our coming adventures with Jesus. Whoooooopppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for trusting Him BIG. He won't let you down.
    Watch Him deliver BIG for you. :)
    I love you, sis.
    It's going to be a great dts.

    ReplyDelete