Saturday, December 12, 2009

Departure Day! Belgium, France and Rwanda... Here I Come

Hi everyone!

It is departure day! My bags are packed, my room check is completed and I am finishing the last few details before my team leaves the island of Hawaii tonight.

A few technical difficulties with passports and visa have caused the team to not be able to travel all together today. The first group of us - me and 12 other students will go today. Two other students will follow on Monday. And our team leaders will hopefully be set to go in a week.

So, with that said, Wes and I, the two student-leaders for the team, will be leading our team to Belgium for a week, then to the south of France, and finally to Rwanda. Hopefully Gabby, Margret and Hero will be approved to come to Europe to meet us for some of our time there and then the flight down to Rwanda. As student leaders, there are a lot of things that we will be learning and praying about as we go. Your prayers for widsom, confidence in Christ, and unity for the team are greatly appreciated.

I hope to be able to post something on the blog every couple of weeks while I am out of the country for the next seven months.

Here is a little taste of what the language sounds like. The Rwandans speak kinyarwanda (or sometimes called Rwandan). I would love to learn this song as a team to sing while we are there. We have another song that Margret taught us also. The team also learned some dance moves to

http://blog.speakrwanda.com/category/music/

Thanks! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment