Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Belgium

Our team had a great Christmas Eve Celebration last night! We had a wonderful dinner of pineapple baked ham, mashed potatoes, Russian casserole, rolls and lots of delicious deserts. We even had a homemade birthday cake for Jesus!




At midnight we started our newest outreach activity - a team prayed and prepared event of 80 hours of worship and intercession. We are using the cafe space on the floor level of the base here for ongoing worship and prayer. Each person on the team has committed to spend at least 10 hours of every 24 hour period in the room loving on the Lord and praying for the people of Belgium. I stayed last night for the first four hours - it was amazing. When I went to bed my voice was going hoarse from so much singing and praying! And that was just the beginning!!!

Here is one more pic from our time here in Brussels:
yummmmmy... I finally had a real Belgian Waffles. The problem (or maybe it wasn't) was that once I had one, I couldn't stop. So, I remembered that my dad asked me to eat one for him... and I did. Two delicious sugary warm Belgian waffles sitting in a metro station with a couple of friends. What more could I ask for on a day off?

No comments:

Post a Comment