Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Outreach Location Announced!

I believe God has been calling me to Africa for a very long time. When I was blessed with the opportunity to travel to Sierra Leone in April of 2008 for a missions trip, the calling only got louder.

In choosing to come to the Compassion DTS here in Kona, I was not sure whether I would be able to spend my three month outreach phase of the school in Africa. Much of the information prior to me coming made it sound like I would be serving in South East Asia somewhere.

I can rejoice in saying that God hears our prayers and is faithful to the desires He places in us! Last week we prayed about our outreach locations and then the leaders placed us all in teams according to our preferences from our prayers. I am going to RWANDA!






My team is an incredible group of students from my school, plus our leaders, Gabi and Margaret and their son Hero, who are from Rwanda. When I got here to Kona, I saw Margaret and knew right away that I wanted to get to know this powerful woman. The second week I was here, I was put into her small group - TOTAL BLESSING - and now I am going with her to Rwanda to serve in her homeland. GOD IS GREAT! And, to top it all off - Gabi is an artist!

Though we don't know details of what works we will be doing in Rwanda, we know that we will be working with children, poor and needy in some capacity at some point in the three months. I am sure we will get more details as we get closer to departure, but for now, I desire to focus on the lectures and the work God is doing in me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment