Friday, June 25, 2010

Rested and Ready...

I have been home in the States for 5 weeks now. Time has flown by. I've spent some quality time at my parent's house in Montrose, CO (just an hour west of Gunnison), time in Longmont with my grandma and friends there, a few days with some college friends and their adorable kids in Pagosa Springs, and of course time visiting friends in Gunnison. Oh yeah, I also made a week-long trip to Kona, Hawaii to debrief with my school leaders and process my time in Rwanda.

So, after all of that, I feel comfortable declaring my next step. I will be moving back to Gunnison and taking up my old position with the Go To Guide Telephone Directory as a Sales Rep. I am excited to get to know some more people in Gunnison and am praying for meaningful time with my clients. Last year before I left for Hawaii, I sold ads for the Go To Guide to our Montrose clients. I had incredible conversations with several of our clients about my missions adventure which led to deeper conversations and even sharing of testimonies. I am praying that God will arrange similar meetings with my clients this year. It makes such a difference in my day when I can relate and discuss with people on a deeper level beyond the business talk.

I will also be committing time to my artwork again. I haven't painted at all since last summer and only did a couple small pastels while I was in Hawaii. So, I am hoping and praying for a great place to rent in Gunnison that has room for a full fledged art studio! God has been giving me ideas about the next pieces to create, so I am ready to jump in!

That's it for now. I am going to Gunnison tomorrow to look at a couple of rentals, so please pray with me that one will work for me :) Hopefully my next post will be from my new home.

I don't have any pictures to post from the last 5 weeks because my camera was malfunctioning and spending some time getting some TLC from the manufacturer in Connecticut (thank goodness I decided to purchase insurance when I bought the camera last year).

2 comments:

  1. Ericka!!!amazing sister!You are so good!
    Hey, do yo want to skype next week_?...somtime...i would love to talk...we finaly after a year without got internett in our apartment!!!!Amazing glory!
    Miss you so, and thank you for following my blog;)I will try to write english as often as i can...or find a google translator..
    anyhow.Love from sweeden and Norway!!!:)

    ReplyDelete