Monday, March 1, 2010

Fun days in Rwanda! PREACHING and SAFARI

Last week was great! We all packed overnight bags and headed Up Country to do ministry in a town a few hours north of Kigali. When we got to Nyagatare we found out that we were leading an all-day conference for a group of pastors and young people from the area. I had been preparing a sermon on how big God is, so I was asked to speak for the first 2 hours of the conference. It was great! Due to scheduling, it turned out that I only spoke for one hour, but I believe that even through the huge numbers and braining numbing information I shared, God was working in people's hearts. AND I had the best day of outreach so far. It was really wonderful teaching people about God in a way that I understand (mathematically). :)

Then, the next day, we all woke up early for a wonderful surprise! The taxi (18 passenger van) was taking our team on a safari! Wooohooo! Here are some of the pictures I took on the voyage. We saw such incredible creations, and I was continually in awe of how creative God was when we created all the animals of the earth. There were lots of zebras, hippos, giraffes, impala, gazelle, baboon, water buffalo, willdabeast, beautiful butterflies, and wart hogs. It was so incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment